Don't cancel your old direct debit straight after going through the switching application. You need to wait until after your last meter reading has been taken and you've been confirmed as 'on supply' with your new supplier.
Articles in this section
- My prices are capped - can I still switch?
- Can I switch from one tariff to another with my current supplier?
- What will I pay when my fix ends?
- Why is my direct debit higher when I switch in the winter?
- Should I go for a longer fix?
- I’ve never heard of this supplier – is it safe to switch to?
- I have solar panels - can I still switch my energy supply?
- I'm in debt with my supplier - can I still switch?
- My application to switch is still outstanding, what do I do?
- My existing supplier has offered me a cheaper deal. Should I stick with it?